Paramaribo Climate & Temperature
- Paramaribo, Suriname is at 5°51'N, 55°10'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Paramaribo has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Paramaribo is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 27.4 degrees Celsius (81.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2210 mm (87 inches) which is equivalent to 2210 Litres/m² (54.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2542 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Paramaribo you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Ambon, Maluku Islands, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Paramaribo Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Paramaribo Climate Graph in Metric Units
Paramaribo Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Paramaribo, Suriname Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: