Paramaribo Climate & Temperature
- Paramaribo, Suriname is at 5°51'N, 55°10'W, 3 m (10 ft). See map.
- Paramaribo has a tropical wet climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Af) with no dry or cold season as it is constantly moist (year-round rainfall).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Paramaribo is situated in or near the tropical moist forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 27.4 degrees Celsius (81.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2210 mm (87 inches) which is equivalent to 2210 Litres/m² (54.21 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2542 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Paramaribo you would come out nearest to the climate station at Ambon, Maluku Islands, Indonesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Paramaribo, Suriname Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: